Sunday, September 18, 2011

My first art display

After doing these pieces I've learned a lot. Showing artwork, at least for me, is a lot of work and focus is required. It was the perfect motivation I needed to actually put some work in and get some final versions of the sketches I had waiting to be birthed. These pieces aren't necessarily what would go on my shirts exactly, but they are a great foundation for new renderings to be shirt ready. Now all I need is some paper and coins to make it happen. Please feel free to comment and be a constructive critic or give suggestions/input on things. All these pieces are being sold for a fundraiser I am planning so if you are interested in a purchase or just want to support my cause, email me at brettkitt.abel@gmail.com.

The foundation I am supporting is called "A child's voice" and the project where the funds will specifically be going is called "Angel hair for kids." It is a Canadian foundation exclusively focusing on supporting kids in low income families. Angel Hair For Kids is a project that provides wigs for kids going through chemo or who have rare diseases in which they lose all their hair. As a kid it can be fairly devestating to go bald and as a parent it can be fairly devestating to try and afford wigs, which can range in the thousands.

Here is a link to their site to read more on it http://www.acvf.ca/index.php/our-programs/angel-hair-for-kids/.

Enjoy :)

Core Issues

Bamboose

 
 Snoose


Gnome Sayin'

 
Krisstobelle

No comments:

Post a Comment